Phil is proud to support National Volunteer Week 2018, April 15-21, with the theme “I do it, you do it, let’s join our voluntary efforts!” led by the Fédération des centres d’action bénévole du Québec (FCABQ).
“In a rapidly evolving world, volunteer work is also moving forward. Volunteers engage themselves in different ways every day. That’s why we insist on the importance of “joining our voluntary efforts”. We believe that by working together as one, we can present a more contemporary and accurate image of what volunteer work represents today” says Fimba Tankoano, Executive Director of the FCABQ.
Canada’s first National Volunteer Week was organized in 1943 by the Women’s Voluntary Services, with events in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver. The aim was to highlight the vital contributions of Canadian women to the war effort.
In early 2018, the Réseau de bénévole du Québec (RABQ) commissioned a Léger study to get a regional perspective on Quebec volunteers.
How to inspire and motivate your volunteers during National Volunteer Week:
- Provide excellent integration and training
- Make them feel welcome
- Develop solid communication
- Ensure that they have access to resources they need
- Introduce variety and diversity to maintain a level of interest
- Provide a key contact with an organization manager
- Encourage managers to develop skills in motivation and encouragement
- Acknowledge their contributions
- Help them develop new skills
- Encourage social connections and interaction with others
- Share success stories
- Consider methods and recruitment campaigns to attract the right profile to your organization.
Contact us for more information and let Phil help you develop the tools to inspire and motivate your volunteers to stay loyal to your organization.