The Phil team is expanding yet again!
The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Experience with the responsive and adaptive design is a must. Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
Designing and implementing new features and functionality
Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
Create WordPress training material for clients and provide training to clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or a combination of experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities. (Equivalency formula: two years of experience is equal to one year of education.)
- At least 2-4 years of experience in managing web applications for an organization, including administration of hosting environments, CMS configuration and ongoing maintenance of web applications.
- Experience working for or with a nonprofit organization is a plus.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management and best development practices.
- Expertise in front-end web development and ability to execute online marketing initiatives including experience with SEO best practices, and using front-end APIs (Google Analytics event implementation).
- Strong experience in configuring and managing content management systems, such as WordPress or Drupal (Phil uses WordPress for the majority of its web applications).
- Strong understanding of user experience/user interface principles (UX/UI), responsive design and web development, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse group of fellow team members, executives, managers, external groups and subject matter experts.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects, timelines and priorities at a time.
- Highly organized and able to work independently to complete projects on deadline.
- Ability to carry out and articulate with passion the mission, vision, programs and purposes of the organization.
- Intentionally and actively foster positive working relationships and organizational culture.
- Ability to be flexible, if needed, to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to attend required meetings which may be held outside scheduled work hours.
Please send your resumé to [email protected] by November 22, 2017 12pm. Include 5 links to websites you’ve built or collaborated on (explain your role in the project).
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note only selected candidates for interviews will receive a reply. Thank you.